Resume Example for Legal Assistant
How to Write Legal Assistant Resume
Let's take a look on the recruitment process of the legal assistant from the perspective of a layer you are going to work for. Industry details apart, it goes without saying that noone is looking for assistant, who needs to be babysitted. Also, your value on the market will be less, if you are not confident about legislation and law theory. You have to keep your knowledge updated, since information is getting old and irrelevant extremely fast nowadays, in 2021. Hence, you need to be self-motivated, responsible, and have advanced knowledge of legislation. Seems like you need to be a wholesome layer, isn't it? Why can't apply for an attorney or a layer then? Well, you need to get experience with solving practical tasks. Of course, this goes along with completing some executive routine tasks, related with documents and agenda making. Nevertheless, everything has its price. Learn more about a job and apply to start your shiny career today!
As a legal assistant you will have freedom to pitch some ideas and strategies on defending clients legal interest. Legal assistants are engaged into brainstorms and have to their professional skills every day. Certainly, they are not decision makers, but they are engaged into creative process, not execution and administrative affairs.
- Using legal databases, archives, and other sources, it searches for legal information on topics specified by a lawyer
- Analyzes the information and prepares a list of the most relevant regulatory documents
- Every day he gets acquainted with the list of the mosts suitable and regulatory legal acts that have entered into force, using databases, specialized legal publications and prepares an overview of the most important regulatory legal documents.
- Develops draft legal documents (contracts, requests, claims, lawsuits, complaints) of small volume, complexity and presents them for adjustment and approval
- On instructions, he travels to state and judicial bodies, local governments, and outside organizations to resolve simple legal issues (delivery and receipt of documents, obtaining clarifications, and performing other legal actions)
- Records legal documentation
- Responsible for mailing and documents delivery
Legal assistant is such a multifaceted profession that it is quite difficult to single out any one quality he needs for successful work. If we talk about documentary part of legal profession, then thoroughness and perseverance are of crucial importance. Legal assistants have to work a lot with documents, study and apply legal acts. Sometimes each comma in the document plays a decisive role; the whole meaning of the text sometimes depends on where it stands. Notaries recheck documents several times. Important, of course, and analytical mind. Without this, it is impossible to draw the right conclusions, to compare the legal norms. Other than that legal assistant should obtain following skills and characteristics:
- A keen sense of justice
- High level of professional knowledge
- General culture and broad outlook
- Pursuit of self-improvement
- Social activity
- Perseverance in achieving goals
- Punctuality, binding
- Tolerance towards different opinion