Medical Doctor Resume Example
How to write the perfect CV for a doctor, that's exactly what we're going to talk about today. We're going to focus on how to create a great medical CV. Below you can see the full version of the CV template that we use. It is a well-formatted and very clear template and we’re going to go through all of the major sections.
1. The contact information
The very first section of your resume should really be all about you. So the very top section is going to be personal details which are your personal contact details and that include your name, your address, your phone number, your email, and your LinkedIn URL. There's nothing else that needs to be included at this stage. You can review the example below.
The next section down from your personal details is the summary. It’s really your opportunity to lure in the consultant that's reading your CV and get them to continue reading onto your resume where you talk more about your skills and experiences in detail.
So the next section is the highlights section which basically highlights your competencies in clinical procedures and skills. We particularly recommend inserting this section at this stage. Your abilities will probably tell an employer exactly what they need to know. In our example below we mentioned some specific skills to highlight, however, this is going to be completely different for every single specialism. At this stage, a really important tip is to detail everything even the more junior competencies even if you think that they're irrelevant.
Being completely honest about that helps an employer identify exactly where the skills gaps might be and what they need to train you on when you join the work.
4. Employment history
The next section and arguably the most important section is your employment history. Start with your most recent position that's where you want the most detail and work backward from there in chronological order. The most important thing here particularly with your most recent job is that you need to exemplify how your role is similar to the role and how it differs from the role that you're applying for.
The next section is education. This is really a snapshot of whether you are equipped to do the job that the employer is looking for you to do. It can be quite a factual section of your CV. Make sure to include it in reverse chronological order. Include all certifications and degrees along with the dates you achieved them in. Just below that put down your OET or IELTS or whichever route you came through for your English language testing as well followed with training courses like for example safeguarding children if you’re a pediatrician.
| Your name
London -546-2130 [email protected] LinkedIn URL
Disciplined and confident doctor with UK license and Board Certification in Internal Medicine. Extensive experience in hospital and clinical settings. Strong background working with minority and low income populations.
- Preventive care expert
- Good bedside manner
- Family practice professional
- Quality assurance awareness
- Strategic planning expertise
- Excellent listener
- Business-minded practice
- Honest medical professional
- Forthcoming with information analysis
- Empathetic and curious
Medical Center, London 11/2007-current
Doctor, Internal Medicine
- Discuss various effective treatment options extensively with patients and families.
- Closely examine patient’s medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and test results to verify the necessity of operations and to determine proper procedures.
- Maintain accurate medical records and document patient case history in detail.
- Provide volunteer medical care at the local Medical Service Center.
- Carefully analyzed test results and information gathered during examinations to properly diagnose the illnesses.
- Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- British School of Medicine
London, England, 2005
- University of London
Bachelor of Science: Biology
London, England, 2003
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine, 2010
- ILETS/OET (results), 2005
- Hospital or program name, London 2015-2018
Department if applicable
Examples That May Interested You
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get $15 discount on your first order!